Apr 30, 2011

April in Escalon

After a long and gloomy winter, we are beginning to experience sunshine now, but the wind has been blowing like it does in Iowa. Good drying weather for the dairy, but not great "walking" weather. I have been able to walk around the place occasionally and enjoy watching the crops change. The winter crop has been harvested and soon they will begin preparing the ground for corn.
It seems like the month of April has been very busy. I taught for a week early in the month. I also finished up this season's Bible Study at church. On Saturdays I went to a couple of little league games. Dylan invited us to his second grade program and then to Grandparents' Day, which is always fun. He enjoyed the special attention, especially when we told him that next year he would have to "share" us with David and Dayna. I babysat all of the local grandkids at least once during the month and enjoyed seeing how they had matured since the last time I watched them. What a blessing healthy minds and bodies are!
Easter Sunday was spent first at church and then at my sister Bev's house. We enjoyed a nice day with Danny and Kristi, Kenny and Erin, Tom, Laura, Kara and Trevin and a lot of extended family. The Easter egg hunt was cute with lots of "first timers" searching the ground for treasures.
The day after Easter, Ken and I took off for Southern California. We first visited Steve and Alyona who had moved there the week before. They are busy trying to find a house and they took us to see a couple of homes they are looking at. We enjoyed our time with them very much and are very happy for the opportunities that have opened up for them. Then Ken took me to Oceanside to spend a couple of days with my friends from the Chino area while he took his mom on several errands. I had a very nice time "catching" up, enjoying the beach, looking at flowers, and playing games.
Yesterday we celebrated my mom's 85th birthday and are very thankful for her good health and clear mind. April's been full! Next month we plan to see Melanie and Jay and kids. We are excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment